Thursday, February 25, 2016

How to Clean Your Beauty Blender

No one likes a dirty brush when applying makeup so of course the solution is to clean it! There are many ways to clean makeup brushes.. but what about beauty blenders/make up sponge? Well I'm here to show you my technique that I learned from people and videos on how to clean your beauty blenders! I bought these two beauty blenders at Winners, for people in the states its equivalent to a Ross or TJ.Maxx. 

Over periods of time they got pretty dirty and the reason why I bought a second beauty blender was because I was too lazy to clean it! However I didn't realize how short and easy it is to clean these makeup sponge in comparison to makeup brushes!

I tried to film it but both my camera and phone are at max capacity in storage :(! Bear with me!

Let's get started!
1. Grab your dirty makeup sponges.
2. Soak up your beauty blenders to its maximum size with water!

3. You'll need soap! Anything is fine from bar of soap, to shampoo. I know some people use baby shampoo to clean their makeup sponge. 
Here I am using a bar of soap that I got as one of my presents from a birthday couple years ago.
It's lavender so my beauty blender will smell like it!
(this form is a lot cheaper than the beauty blender cleaning formula)

4. I wished I took a picture of this or a video.. anyways you wanna rub your beauty blender against the bar of soap or squeeze the contents out of the bottle onto the area which has the most concealer/foundation on it. 
5. After doing so just rub the beauty blender across your palm and you should see the stream of soap mixed with the brown water(foundation mixed with the water) running down your hands!
6. Repeat till all your stains are gone and after give it a nice squeeze!

Your beauty blenders should end up like this! 
All clean and germ free!
It's important to clean your makeup brushes/beauty blenders! This will prevent acne and germs entering your skin via pores! 
Hope you guys enjoyed this post ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment